Confined Space - 6160-04 Control Entry
Ash Safety is an approved centre for the The City & Guilds Confined Spaces (6160) qualifications which are endorsed by Energy and Utility Skills. The aim of this course is to reflect the national occupational standard (NOS) for controlling entry and arrangements at a confined space.
All learners who successfully pass their course will be certified for three years and their details will be entered on to the City & Guilds database.
Level 3 Award in Control Entry and Arrangements for Confined Spaces (6160-04)
This unit is for the entry controller/top person who controls entry and arrangements for entry into confined spaces without entering them. It includes the duties of an entry controller, pre-entry procedures, entry into and exit from the confined space, maintaining communications and initiating and controlling emergency procedures.
Following successful completion of the course the learners will be certified to oversee entry into a high risk confined space but not to enter themselves.
- Implement procedures for teams working in confined spaces
- Control safe entry and exit to the confined space
- Monitor the work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Control emergency situations
- Understand health and safety and environmental legislation
- Understand standard protocols for work in confined spaces
- Understand entry controller duties and responsibilities
- Understand equipment checks and testing required
The candidates will be assessed by:
- Direct observation of controlling an entry into a high risk confined space
- Written exam
- Candidates must be medically fit to undertake the training and will be asked to self-certify during the induction
- Candidates must not exceed 140kg (22 stones) in weight as this is the current maximum user weight for the fall protection equipment that will be used during the training
Course Price: £435.00 +VAT Per Person
Photo ID Card: £15.00 +VAT Per Person
Course Duration: 3 days