Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to any purchases made from the Ashfield Products LTD t/a Ash Safety site which may also be referred to as Ash Safety, Ash, We or Company. It is your responsibility to read the conditions carefully as the affect your rights and liabilities under law.
Use of the Ash Safety Site:
- The terms and conditions listed govern your use of our site in general, along with the products and services we offer.
- Our terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
Registering to use the on-line shop (http://shop.ashsafety.com):
- Due to the fact that this site offers credit card facilities to be used you must be over eighteen years of age to use it.
- All details provided must relate to you and be correct at the time of completion.
- The address you give must be the registered address the card is issued to.
- When you register you will be asked to create a password and this must be kept confidential to you as it will form the basis of our communication.
- If you suspect that your password has been compromised you should contact our head office immediately. The address is listed in our Contact Information page.
- If the Company feels that at any time the security of our site has been breached we may contact you to change your password or suspend your account.
- The Ash site is protected by copyright along with all of its trademarks, database and other intellectual property rights.
- The Ash site is provided for your own personal use and is not to be copied or saved to any storage device without the express written permission of Ash Safety. This includes all images and logos that may be viewed on the site.
Limitations of use:
- You may not use this site to direct any communication that is considered unlawful or designed to dismantle the operation of this site. This is without exception and relates to any law that is in existence for the protection of others, mechanical, cyber or physical property.
- The Ash website may on occasions have links to outside web sites and whilst we endeavour to ensure that the material on them is relevant and safe Ash Safety is not responsible for their content.
Purchasing Items from the site:
- Some items may have specific terms related to them such as returns or refunds and these will be detailed within the description.
- We have tried to describe each product correctly but in some cases this may vary from time to time. If you have any doubt regarding an item please contact our head office.
- We will endeavour to supply all items prices correctly but if a mistake has been made we will not be liable to supply at the price shown providing that we inform you prior to dispatch of the item. In these circumstances we reserve the right to cancel your order and give a full refund on any amount you have already paid.
- All prices shown are exclusive of VAT and VAT will be applied unless that item is exempt.
- All prices shown are exclusive of delivery and this is calculated at the checkout part of the site and based upon the weight of the items to be delivered.
- All of the prices will be displayed for you to accept before entering your payment details and these can be cancelled at any time up until you confirm the sale.
- All items will be given a status as to their stock position although some items may be an order only item. These items will be clearly marked as such.
- Whilst we try to ensure that our stock records are accurate we will let you know if a product cannot be supplied. If this is beyond our control we will not be liable to you except to ensure that you are not charged for the goods.
Confirmation of order:
- Nothing that is said or done will amount to an acceptance of your order until it is confirmed by e-mail.
- Your order is a contract to buy from us and we will send you a confirmation detailing the purchases you have made. We will also give an estimated date for delivery or confirmation that it can be collected from one of our depots.
- After the contract is made you cannot amend the order, although you can contact our office to see if we can resolve your problem.
- We can refuse to accept the order at any time. If the order is refused and you have already paid we will refund the amount paid to us in accordance with our returns policy.
- Our delivery prices displayed are only for supply to mainland Britain. If you wish to have your purchase delivered outside of this scope please contact our main office.
- We may use several types of delivery methods but all of these will involve the purchase being signed for and allowance for this should be made as we reserve the right to charge extra for aborted delivery attempts.
- We will endeavour to deliver your order within 3 working days unless otherwise stated at the time of ordering.
Returns and Refund policy:
- To cancel an order already placed please call our head office as soon as you realise the mistake so that we deal with your request as quickly as possible.
- Providing the items purchased have not be used and the request for a refund is made with 14 days of the signed delivery we will refund the money for the item(s) purchased, less the delivery charge, via the same means as it was paid. The goods must be returned to us at your own expense and the refund will only be issued when we have received them.
- If the items have been used or in some cases opened, these will be displayed clearly on our site, a refund will not be given.
- Items that have been used but then cease to function correctly will be either exchanged or repaired at the discretion of the Company.
Payments to us:
- Payment for your goods will be taken at the time of order.
- If we have a problem collecting your payment we may use any of the contact details that you have given to contact you.
- We reserve the right to request a bank transfer of funds prior to dispatch.
Changes in our Terms and Conditions:
- We may change or update our terms and conditions from time to time and customers registered will be e-mailed the changes. If you do not accept the changes then you should cease to be a customer of the site and be removed from our register. This can be done by contacting our main office.
Our responsibility to you:
- Our site is provided by us without any warranties or guarantees. You will bear all risks associated with internet connections and use.
- We make no claim or guarantee that our site will be compatible with your software, links or any other product that you may choose to view it in. We also do not guarantee that our site will not have technical errors or problems which may cause interruptions to use.
- We will not be responsible for equipment choices that relate to hold ups or accidents as these items should have been arrived at through conducting a thorough risk assessment prior to ordering.
- You may not transfer your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person or company. We may though transfer our rights to another company providing that we believe it does not affect your rights.
- If you breach our terms and conditions we may waive them without prejudice to a later date or time where you are in breach of the conditions.
- Neither party will be viewed in breach of the terms and conditions where it is through no fault of their own.
- These terms and conditions will be subject to English law and we will try to resolve any matters quickly and efficiently. Any claim that is made if an agreement cannot be reached must be made through court proceeding in the UK.
- We reserve the right to cancel any account and registration at our discretion should you have been viewed to be in breach of our terms and conditions.
Payment Service Provider:
Our Payment Service Provider is Sage Pay (formerly Protx). Sage Pay provides a secure payment gateway (Level 1 PCI DSS), processing payments for thousands of online businesses, including ours. It is Sage Pay’s utmost priority to ensure that transaction data is handled in a safe and secure way.
Sage Pay uses a range secure methods such as fraud screening, I.P address blocking and 3D secure. Once on the Sage Pay systems, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards.
Sage Pay is PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliant to the highest level and maintains regular security audits. They are also regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure that their systems are impenetrable.
Sage Pay is an active member of the PCI Security Standards Council (PCI SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
In addition, you know that your session is in a secure encrypted environment when you see https:// in the web address, and/or when you see the locked padlock symbol alongside the URL. So when buying through our site, you can be sure that you are completely protected.
More information about shopping securely with Sage Pay can be found at www.sagepay.com/shoppers